Dot Peen Marking
Dot Peen Marking (Dot Peening / Dot Pin marking) / Needle Embossing or micro percussion (micro dot marking) is a marking technique for Permanent Direct Part Marking within the field of material deformation (deforming), that corresponds to graining.
Dot Peen Marking or Microdot Marking Systems are great for tamper-proof, durable, flexible and high quality markings.
With Dot Pin marking (Needle embossing) (also called point of percussion technology), materials are marked using a carbide tipped tool (needle) that oscillates through compressed air application and moves in an X and Y direction during its upward and downward movements.
This results in a dense sequence of individual dots (writing) being punched into the material. Depending upon the needle frequency, a complete line can result.
Characters, digits, logos and 2D codes (DataMatrix) can be imprinted in the field as desired.
Typical application areas for Dot Peen Marking (Dot Pin Marking / Needle Embossing)
- Entire automotive sector
- Metals and plastics for the aerospace industry
- Mechanical engineering
- Special mechanical engineering
- Type plates
Strengths of the OSTLING Dot Peen Markers (Dot Pin Markers / Needle Embossers)
- Permanent marking on the most diverse materials and shapes
- Benchtop, handheld, combination and integration models available. We also offer custom made marking machines to match all your needs.
- High marking speed
- For the most varied surface shapes, such as flat, round, concave, convex
- Easy to adapt to your needs due to modular product programme
Please have a look on the links below for further information about our Dot Peen (Dot Pin marking / Needle Embossing) products
- PinMark handheld devices
- PinMark for integration
- PinMark benchtop
- PinMark combination
- Control systems
- ID plate marking station
- Needle systems