Laser marking Systems from Ostling Marking Systems – Quality made in Germany
Laser marking covers a broad spectrum of surfacing techniques including Laser Engraving, Laser Ablation (Abrasion), Laser Bonding, Hot-Branding, Foaming, Colour Changes and Annealing
OSTLING laser marking systems are extremely flexible and of high quality
Using a highly precise laser beam, a permanent marking is applied to the most varied materials, such as metal and plastic.
With the affiliated software, there are no limits to your labelling ideas. Our laser-marking systems are also exceptionally suitable for automated markings such as consecutive serial numbers, 2D codes (DataMatrix), etc.
Typical application areas for laser marking
- Ball bearings
- Metal parts for the automotive or aviation industries
- Plastic products and components for household products
- High precision micro-encoding of medical instruments
- Decorative markings on promotional items and brand name products
These marking types are possible with marking lasers:
A groove is etched in the component with a laser beam. The material vaporizes or melts in this process. The marking depth can be up to 50 µm.
This is a special form of engraving. In the case of aluminium, an anodic coating, for example, can be removed in order to reveal the differently coloured layer beneath it.
Here the heat of the laser beam and the atmospheric oxygen change the colour of the metal. There is no significant material abrasion. The laser beam penetrates max. 5 µm into the metal.
Marking by changing the colour can be performed with most plastics and some lacquers. Special additives ensure a high contrast colour change at the place where the laser beam makes contact.
Due to the heat of the laser beam, the plastic is thermally disintegrated at the laser beam’s point of impact. This results in gaseous decomposition products, the plastic foams.
Strengths of the OSTLING marking lasers
- Unbeatably flexible with high quality
- Extremely long service life of the laser diode
- No cooling system necessary
- Compact and light construction
- User-friendly software under Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8
- OEM models and complete solutions are available
- Precisely adaptable to your needs due to our own special mechanical engineering dept.
Please have a look at the links below for further information about our products
Direct access to our laser marking product range in our Web-shop.